While surfing today, I came upon this recipe. It sounded good to me so I thought I’d see if anybody else thinks it tastes good.
The ultimate taco recipe: a double-decker taco with a soft flour tortilla wrapped around a crispy corn taco shell, giving them a crazy texture.
My Oh Maui Fish Tacos
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the jalapeño, chopped red onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes. In a small bowl, mash the black beans with the cumin and season with salt and pepper; cover.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil with the honey, hot sauce and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the sliced onion, cabbage and cilantro; toss.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. Coat the fish with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the lime peel. Cover and grill the fish, turning once, for 8 minutes.
- Warm the taco shells and tortillas on the grill. Spread a few spoonfuls of mashed beans (stir 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water into the beans if too thick) on the outside of the tacos, and wrap a tortilla around each one, pressing to adhere.
- Flake half a piece of fish into each taco shell and top with some cabbage slaw. Serve 2 tacos per person, with the crème fraîche and extra slaw on the side.
Gourmet Caterers would love for you to submit your favorite recipe to share with our readers. Do you have anything?