Stay hydrated during the summer with this easy homemade lemonade recipe.
Nothing is more refreshing than a nice ice cold glass of lemonade!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Optional: For pink lemonade add 1-2 T dried hibiscus flowers
- 6-8 lemons (enough for 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice) plus 2 lemons cut in half lengthwise and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 6 cups cold water
- Optional: fresh mint leaves for garnishing
Directions, How to Make Lemonade:
- Optional: For lemonade with agave nectar, reduce the amount of water by 1 cup, and add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of agave nectar. Set aside
- For lemonade with sugar: Pour boiling water over sugar, stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add optional hibiscus flowers if you want them. Set aside
- Juice lemons and strain out seeds and pulp
- In a large pitcher combine sugar water (strain out hibiscus flowers if using), lemon juice, and water
- Add ice and lemon slices
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve
Dissolve the sugar in hot water before mixing the lemonade to ensure that the sugar is evenly distributed. For sugar-free lemonade sweeten with agave nectar or stevia.